Join FBGEN & EY to ideate on how to drive future action towards climate aware investing and empower millennials to understand and interrogate climate-related financial risks associated with their retirement funds.
The Climate Investing Challenge and the Future Generation Panel is held in conjunction with the launch of our report Climate Change, Superannuation & Millennials.
You can access the report here.
Presentations from Finalists of the Climate Investing Challenge
Teams from Victorian universities will present innovative investment perspectives on assessing climate risks and opportunities of a listed entity in the ASX 200. The event is designed to stimulate and invoke the financial creativity of university students to think outside of the box and interrogate the climate resilience of businesses with a long-term time horizon.
Submissions to the challenge will be open till the 26th of September. If you are interested in participating in the challenge please direct your submissions here.
The Future Generation will also have a panel discussion after the challenge.
An expert panel will discuss intergenerational equity in the context of climate-related financial risks and on pathways to empower millennials to understand and interrogate climate-related financial risks and opportunities associated with their retirement funds.
Panellists for this Session Include:
- Warwick Peel (CEO Startup Boardroom)
- Ken Liow (Investment Committee Member of Numerous Boards)
- Dan Gocher (Director of Climate and Environment ACCR)
- Michelle Davey (Researcher FBGen)
- Oshadee Siyaguna (Committee Member FBGen)
Panellists for Session II Include:
- Alan Kohler (The Constant Investor)
- Angela Emslie (Chair HESTA)
- Helga Birgden (Partner Mercer)
- Fiona Wild (VP Sustainability & Climate Change BHP)
- Bill Harnett (Head of Sustainability Local Government Super)
Join us after Climate Change, Superannuation & Millennials – Session II for our networking event at 7.30PM. This will give you the chance to connect with industry experts from the funds management industry leading the discussion on climate change and investments.
Please register here.